Work in Cebu. Work at Pacific Tree.
We are always interested in applicants either with a proven ability to teach or who have potential which can be developed.
- Pacific Tree maintains a pleasant work environment. Our management (a mix of Filipino, Japanese and British) is culturally sensitive and open-minded.
- Professional support and paid training.
- Opportunities for career advancement and to work abroad.
- You will meet many different people from different cultures.
ESL TEACHER (Filipino)
Teaching English to mostly adult students of all levels and developing classroom material. Other opportunities may exist for well-qualified applicants.
- with or without ESL teaching experience
- must have a bachelor's degree
- good English proficiency and excellent communication skills
- teaching certification (TESOL, CELTA, or equivalent) is an advantage
- serious about teaching and attendance
- must be flexible and able to work in a culturally diverse environment
For experienced teachers For applicants without experience
Php15,000 minimum package Php12,000 minimum package rising to Php15,000
(up to Php 25,000 for strong applicants) within 6 months
Other Benefits (for all teachers):
- Internationally recognized Cambridge TKT certification (company expense)
- comprehensive training and support provided
- health benefits (depending on length of service)
- service incentive leave plus extra paid leave
- 13th month pay and other mandatory benefits (SSS, PAG-IBIG, Philhealth)
- regular work schedule (Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm)
- option to work overtime
- pleasant working environment
- excellent opportunity for career advancement, including possibility of working abroad
ESL TEACHER (Native English Speaker)
Teaching English to mostly adult students of all levels. Other academic tasks such as speaking assessment may be assigned (training given). Regular daytime work schedule (no split shift). This is an attractive opportunity to work in a country where the ESL market is rapidly developing.
- have CELTA, Cert. TESOL (Trinity) or equiv., or TKT (preferably inc. practical module, band 3 or 4)
- have at least six months ESL teaching experience (but all applicants will be considered)
- be native speakers (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States)
- Salary negotiable (given the low cost of living, you will be able to save at least a third of your salary without living like a pauper)
- End-of-year bonus (at least 30,000 pesos)
- Health insurance
- 18–24 days paid public holidays a year plus extra paid leave
- Work permit and visa processing will be paid for by us
- Airport pick-up
- Renewable one year contract
- Our staff will assist you in finding accommodation according to your requirements
- Comprehensive training and support provided
- Option to improve your qualifications by taking Cambridge TKT modules in Cebu (scheduled in co-operation with the British Council, Philippines)
- Opportunity to broaden your experience by taking on other tasks (if desired)
Interested applicants should send their resume / CV to: email@example.com